What are whitening strips?

Whitening strips are one of the many teeth whitening products designed to make your teeth whiter or cleaner. The thin, transparent strips are covered with a peroxide gel and are worn for 30 minutes twice a day, normally for about two weeks. Whitening strips are sold in pharmacies and retail stores for $15 to $30. Talk to your dentist before using any whitening products as some products may be harmful to your teeth.

Continue Learning about Teeth Whitening

What treatments are available to whiten teeth?
You have several different options for whitening your teeth:Chairside or in-office bleaching. Perfor...
How can I get good results from at-home teeth whitening products?
Jonathan B. Levine, DMDJonathan B. Levine, DMD
The outcome of at-home whitening depends on how compliant you are. Your smile can only become br...
Is Teeth Whitening Safe?
Is Teeth Whitening Safe?
Are There Natural Ways to Whiten My Teeth?