How will I know if using teeth whitening strips was successful?

Your teeth should appear whiter and have fewer stains after using teeth whitening strips as directed. Studies show that teeth whitening strips can reduce yellowness in teeth and make them look a brighter shade when used properly. In one study, people who used teeth whitening strips for four weeks got better results than others who used the strips for two weeks. However, do not use teeth whitening strips for longer than recommended. If you are not happy with the results after using teeth whitening strips, talk to your dentist about other options for improving the appearance of your smile.

Continue Learning about Teeth Whitening

Teeth Whitening Tips and Secrets
Teeth Whitening Tips and Secrets
Do you want a dazzling, movie-star smile but you're not sure how to go about getting it? Are you curious to know how over-the-counter (OTC) teeth-whit...
Can I get a home-use teeth whitening kit from my dentist?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Home-use bleaching whiteners dispensed by dentists usually contain the active ingredient carbami...
How long do OTC tooth whiteners take to work?
The rate at which you see results with OTC tooth whiteners depends on the type of whitener you are u...
Are There Natural Ways to Whiten My Teeth?