Can baking soda and lemon juice be used as a teeth whitener?

Baking soda and lemon juice have been touted as great natural, at-home teeth whiteners. But there's no reputable evidence that baking soda and lemon juice really work to whiten teeth, and lemon juice contains acids that could harm your enamel. If you want to brighten your smile, the safest and most effective way to do so is to see your dentist for a bleaching procedure or use one of the over-the-counter tooth whitening products sold in drugstores. Whether you want to have your teeth whitened professionally or you want do it yourself, talk to your dentist first to find out which product is best for you.

Continue Learning about Teeth Whitening

should i have a dental exam before tooth whitening ?
Yes, you should have a dental exam prior to bleaching your teeth. An exam allows the dentist to dete...
how long do otc tooth whiteners take to work ?
Most people who use OTC, or over-the-counter, tooth whiteners see improvements within a few week...
what should i avoid while using otc tooth whiteners ?
To get the best results from OTC, or over-the-counter, tooth whiteners, you should avoid smoking...
are there natural ways to whiten my teeth ?