What are the symptoms of toxic shock syndrome?

Symptoms of toxic shock syndrome can be similar to other illness, including fever, malaise, diarrhea and vomiting. Toxic shock syndrome is very serious and can also be accompanied by low blood pressure, a rash that peels and body organ failure. It is caused by a bacteria and a toxin produced, and it is important that it is treated early.

A person experiencing toxic shock syndrome may develop a drop in blood pressure, a high fever, diarrhea, or vomiting as well as mental confusion, aching muscles, seizures, and headaches. Some people develop a skin rash that covers the palms of their hands and the soles of their feet and peels like a sunburn. Some experience redness in their eyes, throat, and mouth.

Continue Learning about Symptoms Of Bacterial Infections

Is anything wrong if my child's breathing has a squeaky sound?
High-pitched squeaky breathing is one of the symptoms of tracheitis. Other symptoms include a deep c...
Can flesh-eating bacteria have any complications?
The necrotizing fasciitis caused by flesh-eating bacteria can have very serious complications. The i...
Should I talk to my doctor about my diphtheria symptoms?
Yes. If you suspect you have diphtheria, you could be experiencing problems that require immediate a...
What are the symptoms of a bacterial oral infection?
Many illnesses and conditions may cause a bacterial oral infection, which means symptoms vary. Any c...