How common is dysentery?

Dysentery is fairly common. Approximately 14,000 Americans annually report having developed shigellosis, the infectious disease that can lead to dysentery. Dysentery is even more common in developing countries or in those countries with refugee camps.

Continue Learning about Symptoms Of Bacterial Infections

Does diphtheria affect children differently than adults?
Diphtheria does not discriminate. It affects children and adults in the same manner. They exhibi...
Should I talk to my doctor about my flesh-eating bacteria symptoms?
If you are experiencing any symptoms of flesh-eating bacteria--red skin turning violet and blist...
Should I talk to my doctor about my bacterial infection symptoms?
Always talk to your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms that may be an indication of a bacterial...
Should I talk to a doctor if I have symptoms of typhoid fever?
You should definitely talk to your doctor right away if you have any symptoms of typhoid fever. This...