Should I talk to my doctor about my flesh-eating bacteria symptoms?

If you are experiencing any symptoms of flesh-eating bacteria--red skin turning violet and blistered, gangrene, fever, rapid heart rate, mental deterioration, shock--you must contact a doctor immediately. The infection can spread significantly even within an hour, and earlier treatment increases your likelihood of survival. Aside from death, which happens around 30 percent of the time even with treatment (or as high as 73 percent without treatment), the progression of the infection can result in the amputation of infected body parts, body deformation, and extensive scarring.

Continue Learning about Symptoms Of Bacterial Infections

What are the symptoms of Elizabethkingia?
An Elizabethkingia infection usually causes severe symptoms and makes people feel very sick. The sym...
How common is toxic shock syndrome?
Toxic shock syndrome is a rare, yet potentially fatal condition. In the past, it was most common...
What are the symptoms of typhus?
Symptoms of typhus are similar to symptoms of the flu. A person who contracts typhus may have a feve...
What are the symptoms of bacterial infections?
The symptoms of bacterial infections that people experience vary depending on the type of infection....