What are advantages for a patient to have robotic vs. laparoscopic surgery?

Robotic surgeries allow for more precise surgical work.

Robotic surgery gives surgeons a closer, clearer view, so precise surgeries benefit from that technique.

Dr. Daniel M. Labow, MD
Surgical Oncologist

In this WisePatient video, oncologist Daniel Labow, MD, of The Mount Sinai Medical Center, describes the benefits of robotic surgery and laparascopic surgery to treat colon cancer. Which is best depends on the patient, the cancer, and the surgeon.

Continue Learning about Surgical Procedures

What You Need to Know About Anesthesia
What You Need to Know About Anesthesia
If you’re planning to undergo surgery or a medical procedure in the near future, you probably have questions. People often wonder if their procedure w...
What are challenges involved in hand transplantation?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
The first successful hand transplant was performed in France in 1998, with the United States followi...
What's the best time of day for surgery?
Dr. Anthony S. Youn, MDDr. Anthony S. Youn, MD
When it comes to preventing possible complications from anesthesia during surgery, it's all in the t...
What Factors Should I Consider When Having Multiple Plastic Surgeries?