What are advantages for a patient to have robotic vs. laparoscopic surgery?

Robotic surgeries allow for more precise surgical work.

Robotic surgery gives surgeons a closer, clearer view, so precise surgeries benefit from that technique.

Dr. Daniel M. Labow, MD
Surgical Oncologist

In this WisePatient video, oncologist Daniel Labow, MD, of The Mount Sinai Medical Center, describes the benefits of robotic surgery and laparascopic surgery to treat colon cancer. Which is best depends on the patient, the cancer, and the surgeon.

Continue Learning about Surgical Procedures

Scared About Surgery? Here’s How to Ease the Fear
You might be surprised by the power a Popsicle can wield when it comes to reassuring kids who need surgery. That’s a tip from Alexander Soutter, MD, ...
How will my doctor decide if I need aortic surgery?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
There are cases where surgery is necessary, but this is determined on an individual basis. The size ...
What are the potential side effects of colorectal surgery?
Dr. Vincent T DeVita JrDr. Vincent T DeVita Jr
Potential side effects of surgery depend on several factors, including the extent of the operation a...
Is Disk Replacement Safe?
Is Disk Replacement Safe?