Why is the use of sunscreen more imperative than ever for healthy skin?

Dr. Doris Day, MD
Dermatology
The use of sunscreen is more imperative than ever for healthy skin, because we know how damaging ultraviolet rays UVA and UVB can be. In this video, dermatologist Doris Day, MD, discusses how using SPF 30 or higher lowers your risk for skin cancer.

Continue Learning about Sun Care

Should I avoid the sun completely?
Complete avoidance of the sun isn't healthy. Your body needs moderate amounts of sunshine to pro...
How can I choose clothing that will protect me from the sun?
Phillip J. Landrigan, MDPhillip J. Landrigan, MD
The tightness of the weave, the weight, type of fiber, color, and amount of skin covered all aff...
What are the different types of ultraviolet light?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Part of the sunlight that reaches earth is called ultraviolet (UV) light. The two commonly known...
How Often Should I Reapply Sunscreen If I Am Outdoors All Day?