How can I increase my strength?

In order to increase your strength, select externally stabilized pieces of equipment or exercises and perform one to 12 repetitions at an intensity level of 70 -100%. You should complete two to six sets of these exercises with a moderate tempo.

Continue Learning about Strength Training & Exercise

Will lifting weights hurt my throwing motion?
Weight lifting should not hurt your throwing motion if implemented correctly. Lifting with incorrect...
What is a good basic strength-training exercise program to try?
Bob GreeneBob Greene
There are literally hundreds of different strength-training exercises, but don't let the abundance o...
What is the right technique for a strength training repetition?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
The positive phase of contracting the muscle should last 2 seconds. Pause at the end of the contract...
What is strength endurance training?
Jennifer Meru , NASM Elite TrainerJennifer Meru , NASM Elite Trainer
Strength endurance training is an important step in an integrated training program. It involves usin...