Should I work out with friends?

Working out with friends can be beneficial because it provides accountability, a sense of support and a social outlet. All of these things lend themselves to higher exercise adherence. However, make sure your friends are aware of your fitness goals and share the same desires as you. While it's great to hit the gym floor with a friend, if your friend wants to spend time conversing, it may deter you from reaching your goals. Communicate what you want to accomplish from your workout sessions so that you both can get the most out of your exercise session.

Continue Learning about Staying Motivated For Fitness & Exercise

3 Ways Exercise Helps You Stay Young
3 Ways Exercise Helps You Stay Young
Feeling less than inspired when it's time to hustle over to the gym? We're betting these three workout benefits will fire up your motivation. (Try the...
What kinds of motivation are there to exercise?
Motivation is either intrinsic (inside of you) or extrinsic (outside of you). The best motivatio...
How can I exercise if I don’t like the gym?
Sadie LincolnSadie Lincoln
There are many forms of exercise that can be done outside a gym. From the very basics of walking, jo...
How do I get my family involved in working out with me?
If you want your family involved in your exercise program start them off slowly. Ask them to join yo...