How do I manage my deep somatic pain on a daily basis?

Most deep somatic pain can be relieved or reduced using current treatment options. Daily medications can be used to control your pain, as can alternative therapies such as acupuncture and hypnosis. If your deep somatic pain is due to exercise or overdoing it with a certain muscle or extremity, you should rest the affected structure. Icing the affected area for a few days after the pain begins may help with discomfort, too. If you are still experiencing pain after that, heat may relieve some of the pain.

Continue Learning about Somatic Pain

What do I need to know about caring for somebody with deep somatic pain?
It is important to remember that living with deep somatic pain is uncomfortable and family and frien...
Is deep somatic pain the same thing as visceral pain?
There are two types of somatic pain, cutaneous and deep. While cutaneous somatic pain affects the sk...
Should I talk to my doctor about my deep somatic pain?
When deciding if you should see your doctor about your deep somatic pain, remember that this pain ca...
Can deep somatic pain be prevented?
Deep somatic pain is often associated with an injury or illness. With this in mind, to prevent pain,...