Are there alternative treatments for sodium metabolism disorders?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
While simply consuming more fluids or stopping certain medications can sometimes remedy sodium metabolism disorders, it is not correct to say that alternative treatments exist to treat these conditions. Sodium imbalances of the blood require that the fluid balance of the body be adjusted, whether through drug intervention, diet, or fluid replacement. Alternative treatments such as herbal remedies are unlikely to be helpful, although proper nutrition and hydration are necessary to maintain normal sodium levels. Sodium metabolism disorders can be quite dangerous and require medical supervision. 

Continue Learning about Sodium Metabolism Disorders

How can eating disorders lead to sodium metabolism disorders?
Eating disorders can lead to fluid and electrolyte imbalances in the body, which can lead to sodium ...
What role does dehydration play in sodium metabolism disorders?
Dehydration can alter the fluid balance of the body, resulting in hypernatremia (a type of sodium me...
How are the kidneys involved in sodium metabolism disorders?
Together with several hormones and sensors throughout the body, the kidneys are responsible for regu...
Should I talk to my doctor about my sodium metabolism disorder?
Sodium metabolism disorders can be severe and even fatal, so if you suspect you or someone you love ...