Are there alternative treatments for sodium metabolism disorders?

While simply consuming more fluids or stopping certain medications can sometimes remedy sodium metabolism disorders, it is not correct to say that alternative treatments exist to treat these conditions. Sodium imbalances of the blood require that the fluid balance of the body be adjusted, whether through drug intervention, diet, or fluid replacement. Alternative treatments such as herbal remedies are unlikely to be helpful, although proper nutrition and hydration are necessary to maintain normal sodium levels. Sodium metabolism disorders can be quite dangerous and require medical supervision. 

Continue Learning about Sodium Metabolism Disorders

Are there cures for sodium metabolism disorders?
The cure for a sodium metabolism disorder involves identifying and remedying the underlying cause of...
How can antidiuretic hormone affect sodium metabolism disorders?
Syndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone secretion (SIADH) occurs when the pituitary gland sec...
Are sodium metabolism disorders serious?
Sodium metabolism disorders are not always serious, but in some instances, they can be life-threaten...
Should I talk to my doctor about my sodium metabolism disorder?
Sodium metabolism disorders can be severe and even fatal, so if you suspect you or someone you love ...