Why is it hard to quit smoking without help?

Very few smokers who try to quit without help are successful. Nicotine changes the way the brain works. Nicotine is more addictive than alcohol, heroin or cocaine. Quitting smoking is not just about breaking a bad habit, and it is certainly not just about willpower. Even those of us who are able to put cigarettes down find it difficult to stay off. The more help you get, the easier it will be to remain smoke free.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
What can I learn from my slip up while trying to quit smoking?
You can learn to not be too hard on yourself if you slip up during a trial of smoking cessation....
Should I stop smoking before I try to conceive?
Stop smoking as soon as you can, and definitely before you try and conceive. Your baby's genes are a...
Are E-Cigarettes a Smart Alternative to Cigarettes? Maybe Not