What habits should I change if I want to quit smoking?

It helps to avoid not just the cigarettes, but anything you associate with smoking. For some people this may be coffee or alcohol. Others do not need to avoid these things and, in fact, find coffee or iced tea helpful. Others drink lots of water, fruit juice, and herbal teas. Eating several small meals instead of a big one keeps blood sugar levels constant, which helps quell the nicotine craving. Avoid behaviors and situations you associate with smoking. If you used to smoke right after meals, try doing something else at that time, such as taking a walk or doing the dishes. In addition, do positive things that boost your self-image. Go to the dentist and have your teeth cleaned. You might also have the dentist whiten them or try some whitening strips yourself: Remember, you're no longer a smoker. Have your smoky-smelling clothes cleaned at the dry cleaners. Reward yourself.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

How Have We Done in Combatting Smoking?
How Have We Done in Combatting Smoking?
How Can I Quit Smoking Today?
How Can I Quit Smoking Today?
What Are the Withdrawal Symptoms When Quitting Smoking?
The Best Time to Quit Smoking
The Best Time to Quit Smoking