How can I deal with fear of quitting smoking?

Quitting is scary. Many people build up various fears and worries about what will happen when they stop smoking. Fear is common, and it can be limiting during the quitting process. Being informed and prepared will help you manage these concerns. Knowing the truth about some of the most common misconceptions is the first stop on the path to quitting comfortably.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
How can I manage nicotine withdrawal symptoms without medication?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
There are several therapies that can help you quit smoking without medication. These include hypnoth...
6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick
6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick
Don't let these misconceptions keep you from quitting.
Are E-Cigarettes a Smart Alternative to Cigarettes? Maybe Not