What is the first thing I should do if I want to quit smoking?

Find out the smoking cessation programs near you and talk to someone about them.  There are many programs that are national or international such as clevelandclinic.org/tobacco treatment where you can phone in and find out methods.  The usual method involves getting buddies as buddies are part of a support system, either to quit with you or buddies who already quit and want to support you.  Secondly, you will want to set a quit day, start doing some extra walking every day, no excuses beforehand, as a different behavior, and then talk to a physician or nurse practitioner or tobacco counselor about the anti-craving pill, and the patch, or perhaps even the dopamine antagonist pill.  Behavior therapy, plus pill, plus patch, plus exercise, plus support group has a great success rate above 30%, maybe as high as 65%, compared to 2-3% to try and quit cold turkey alone.  Remember to plan a quit day, and then get rid of all smoking paraphernalia such as ashtrays, cigarettes, etc., and get rid of them on your quit day.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

Is Smoking a Hookah Pipe Safe?
Is Smoking a Hookah Pipe Safe?
Do You Treat Women Differently than You Treat Men in Cardiaology?
How Can I Quit Smoking Today?
How Can I Quit Smoking Today?
What Are the Withdrawal Symptoms When Quitting Smoking?