When should I go to the emergency room for a skin rash?

If you have skin rashes, call 911 or go to the hospital emergency room for:
  • Tightness in throat
  • Wheezing (whistling sound when you breathe) or trouble breathing
  • Swelling in the face or tongue
  • Passing out
  • Shortness of breath
  • Tongue or face swelling
Your rash may come from a dangerous allergic reaction -- especially if you have the above symptoms.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

How Atopic Dermatitis Can Hurt Your Mental Health
Atopic dermatitis, often referred to as AD or eczema, is a skin condition that affects nearly 18 million adults and over 9 million children in the Uni...
Why do my breast itch?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Allergies or irritation of the skin from chemical, detergents can set off the immune system to respo...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite?