What symptoms of an abscess or boil should I look for in my child?

Your child may have one or more of these in the area:

• Redness
  • Tenderness
  • Swelling
  • Increased warmth

Your child may also have a fever (temperature over 100.30F)

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Link Between Atopic Dermatitis and Food Allergies
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD or eczema, is a chronic skin condition characterized by red, irritated and itchy patches of skin. While ther...
How can seeing a dermatologist benefit my skin health?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Your dermatologist can help you understand how your skin is aging and help direct you to the best in...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?