How does phimosis affect the body?

Phimosis occurs when the foreskin is attached so tightly at the tip of the penis that it can't be pulled any lower. The tightness might affect the flow of urine, which in turn can lead to swelling of the foreskin or a urinary tract infection. Because of difficulty reaching beneath the foreskin to clean the area, infection might result that way as well. Phimosis can also have a negative affect on sexual activity.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Prescription Therapies for Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis affects people of all ages, and millions of children and teens live with the condition. If you are the parent of a child or teen tha...
Why can topical medications cause peeling of the skin?
Certain medications increase the rate of cell turnover in the skin, making it shed faster and po...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
What Aggravates Rosacea?
What Aggravates Rosacea?