What increases my risk for siderosis?

Working in an industry where you will likely breathe in iron or iron oxide dust or fumes increases your risk for siderosis. Siderosis is called an occupational or environmental disease because someone needs to work at a place where they are exposed to iron dust in order to get the disease. Industries where workers may be more likely to develop siderosis include welding, iron or steel rolling, steelmaking, working with ochre pigments, metalworking, and mining.

Continue Learning about Siderosis (Iron Dust Inhalation)

Is siderosis serious?
Siderosis, in itself, is not serious. It may, however, help your doctor determine how much exposure ...
Will having siderosis prevent me from working?
Having siderosis shouldn't prevent you from working. There are usually no symptoms associated with s...
What is siderosis?
Siderosis, also called welder's lung, is a lung disease caused by breathing in iron or iron oxide du...
How does siderosis affect the body?
Siderosis doesn't usually affect the body beyond producing small, opaque spots on the lungs that may...