What should I know about using sunscreen if I have shingles?

Shingles usually causes a painful blistering rash, so you need to take extra care with sun exposure. Heat or sun exposure may aggravate the rash, so you may want to stay out of the sun and try cool compresses to give you some relief. Your doctor or dermatologist can guide you on how to use sunscreen if you have shingles.

Continue Learning about Shingles

5 Reasons to Talk to Your Doctor About Shingles
5 Reasons to Talk to Your Doctor About Shingles5 Reasons to Talk to Your Doctor About Shingles5 Reasons to Talk to Your Doctor About Shingles5 Reasons to Talk to Your Doctor About Shingles
Essential questions about the painful, blistering rash known as shingles. If you’ve ever had chickenpox, you already have the virus that can cause a s...
The Shingles Vaccine Is Safe and Effective
What Is Shingles?
What Is Shingles?