1 AnswerDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD , Healthcare, answeredA short answer is just that--short and to the point. It may be the first sentence of the long answer or a brief sentence that answers the question. Short answers need to be less than 128 characters.
1 AnswerMediGuard answered
You could start with the FDA’s website for food recommendations, http://www.fda.gov/Food/default.htm
Food recommendations may also depend on the medical conditions that you have. Many of the national organizations for specific medical conditions will have food recommendations. Below are just a few of them:
- American Heart Association: http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=1200010
- American Diabetes Association: http://www.diabetes.org/food-nutrition-lifestyle/nutrition.jsp
- Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/info/diet
- National Kidney Foundation: http://www.kidney.org/atoz/atozTopic_Nutrition-Diet.cfm
Sharecare's experts approach health and healing from all perspectives. In this video, Dr. Oz. talks about how gaining knowledge from such a wide range of healthcare providers can dramatically improve your own health.
Sharecare provides answers from a vast range of health practioners and other experts. In this video, Dr. Oz explains how Sharecare's wide diversity of backgrounds and opinions sets it apart from other health resources on the Internet.
15 AnswersDr. Michael Roizen, MD , Internal Medicine, answered
Sharecare is to me what a great dog or best friend is, but one with expertise on all subjects, not just a provider of comfort and stress relief.
This trusted source will help me to find answers to health questions (note: not just medical, but Wellness, with a capital W, as that’s how you stay healthy enough to avoid the medical system for longer than your dog’s grandchildren would be around).
So when I want to find out how good the data is on Irvingia Gabonensis causing weight loss or the impact of HDL increases I can ask Sharecare. And bingo—if the answer isn’t there, they find the answer for me from some of the best experts in the world. Try doing that on a search engine. With the launch of Sharecare, I’m looking forward to finding even better answers, and with interactive videos that show me mechanisms. Yep, I can be a better doc, and a smarter consumer with Sharecare. It means a trusted best friend with expertise and to know for sure what is best for my health.
I view Sharecare as a healthcare platform empowering consumers to live healthier lives. We want to encourage all healthcare providers to use this platform. Looking toward the future:
- We have an initial start on answering the millions questions of health but lots of work to do, going to be actively recruiting additional experts to answer all of these questions in text, video, animations
- New functionality will include deeper integration with other social networks, ability for people to personalize their experience
- Expect other healthcare solutions to be enabled on the platform such as scheduling doctor appointments, people connecting with trainers, allowing for “virtual” video consults between doctor and patient, integration with people’s electronic health records, tons of applications
1 AnswerOur Advisory Board members hail from the finest medical establishments in this country, including the NIH, UCLA, Wake Forest, and the American Heart Association. They represent a cross section of the health professions, including physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists. They are not only leaders in their clinical specialties, but also experts in consumer health education. Find out who they are by clicking on the About Us link available on every page.
1 AnswerOn Sharecare, you'll find:
- Physicians, nurses, and other health professionals from around the country
- Top wellness, fitness and well-being experts, including Dr. Roizen, Bob Greene, Deepak Chopra
- Leading organizations, including the American Cancer Society and the American Heart Association