Why should I talk to my partner about my premature ejaculation?

Ian Kerner, PhD
Sexual Health
Premature ejaculation (PE) isn’t just about you. It also affects your partner; not just in how you’re able to satisfy her sexually, but also in how she responds to, and deals with, your PE. Simply put, PE is a relationship issue.

If you’ve already had a frank discussion with your partner about PE, congratulations. You’re already way ahead of most guys, who would probably rather deconstruct the latest episode of Gossip Girl than talk about PE. Sure, you might feel uncomfortable or embarrassed to bring it up, but this is one of the most important conversations you and your partner will ever have.

In fact, if you don’t talk about PE with your partner, you can make it worse. She may not understand what’s happening -- and why -- and will feel confused. And you can’t blame her for feeling that way. When you think about the differences between men’s and women’s sexuality and arousal, you can see why PE is a difficult concept for many women to grasp.
The Good in Bed Guide to Overcoming Premature Ejaculation

From the New York Times best-selling author of She Comes First arrives the definitive guide to managing premature ejaculation – a book that could save your sex life!Do you suffer from PE? Are you...

Continue Learning about Premature Ejaculation

What is an ejaculatory threshold?
Ian Kerner, PhDIan Kerner, PhD
The old “think about baseball” trick doesn’t work for guys with premature ejaculation (PE). They can...
Why was premature ejaculation beneficial in our evolution?
Ian Kerner, PhDIan Kerner, PhD
Believe it or not, premature ejaculation (PE) wasn’t always considered a problem -- in fact, it used...
How Might a Man React to Having Premature Ejaculation?
How Can Premature Ejaculation Affect My Relationships?