What is sex drive?

Sex drive, or libido, is exactly what it sounds like: A person's desire to have sex. Sex drive involves physical and psychological factors, including the desire to have sex, the pleasure you get out of sex, and the thoughts you have about sex. Sex drive varies greatly from person to person, and your sex drive may change throughout your life based on biologic and emotional factors.

Continue Learning about Sex Drive (Libido)

Is it normal for a woman's sex drive to change with age?
Elizabeth Poynor, MDElizabeth Poynor, MD
For many women, sex drive tapers off with age. In this video, Elizabeth Poynor, MD, PhD, a gynecolog...
What product can be used for female libido?
Patricia Geraghty, NPPatricia Geraghty, NP
The sexual response cycle is broken down into libido, arousal, and orgasm. Libido is the desire for ...
Can a Hysterectomy Hurt My Sex Life?
Can a Hysterectomy Hurt My Sex Life?
What Is Sexual Health?
What Is Sexual Health?