What is a penis sleeve for a man with a small penis?

Madeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Psychiatry
One option that some couples like to try if the man has a small penis is having him wear a penile sleeve over his penis during intercourse. Think of a condom with some extra substance to it. These sleeves are very stretchy and fit snugly over a man's erection. There is usually an extra inch or so at the tip, which gives the woman the sensation of extra length, and different bumps and ridges on the sides give the feeling of extra width.

Sleeves come in a variety of textures and can be quite stimulating for a woman because of this too. Look for sleeves made of silicone and stay away those made of jelly-like substances, which may contain harmful chemicals called pthlalates. As always, make sure to use water-soluble lube, which is compatible with silicone.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

How Your Weight Affects Your Sex Life
How Your Weight Affects Your Sex Life
You’ve heard it before: Your weight affects your health and extra pounds can up your risk of heart disease, stroke, high cholesterol, joint pain and s...
Is soul mates' love a journey or a destination?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Soul-mates' love is both the destination and the journey. In this most simple yet significant act of...
4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction
4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction
They do a number on your sex life—and can point to even bigger health problems.
How Can I Pinpoint Why My Libido Is Low?