What are the variations on sexual positions from behind?

Emily Nagoski
Emily Nagoski on behalf of Good In Bed

There are five basic variations on positions from behind:

You can be on your knees, facing away from your partner, with your hands on the wall.

1:You can be on your knees with your hands on the mattress.

2:You can be on your knees with your elbows on the mattress.

3:You can be on your knees with your shoulders on the mattress.

4:You can lie down on your belly.

With all the kneeling positions, you can have your thighs together or apart, and you can change the angle of your legs relative to your torso. Widening the angle will prevent deeper penetration, while narrowing the angle will allow deeper penetration: An extreme example of narrowing the angle between your torso and legs is called “half-tortoise pose” in yoga. You sit on your heels, with your torso laying down over your thighs and your arms stretched out in front of you. You’ll be folded up in a little heap. This provides a good angle for hitting the G-spot, but again, allows for deep penetration. Go slowly and gently at first.

The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

Want to learn how to achieve 487 different kinds of orgasms?If so, you’re reading the wrong guidebook. Despite what many in the media would have you believe, there’s no such thing as a rainbow...

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Keeping Up with the Joneses—in Bed?
Keeping Up with the Joneses—in Bed?
People who have more fun in the bedroom really are happier, according to a study -- and even more so if they think they’re getting more than their fri...
6 Cringe-Worthy Sex Moments
6 Cringe-Worthy Sex Moments6 Cringe-Worthy Sex Moments6 Cringe-Worthy Sex Moments6 Cringe-Worthy Sex Moments
How to avoid some of the riskiest and most embarrassing sexual health blunders. Ever been swept up in a moment of passion, only to kill the mood with...
How Can Women Deal With Their Partner's Erectile Dysfunction?
What Can I Do If I Feel Pain During Sex?