Why do LIFE participants need to be nursing home eligible?

Dr. Arun S. Rao, MD
Geriatric Medicine Specialist

LIFE (Living Independently for Elders) programs are meant to take care of people who are determined nursing home eligible but want to stay in the community. LIFE programs take care of people who otherwise without this support and these services, and the support and services of their family and friends, may otherwise end up in a nursing home. So the LIFE program does what it can to serve them in the community.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

Seniors, Don’t Tough Out Your Pain
Seniors, Don’t Tough Out Your Pain
As he approached his eleventh decade, the great vaudeville, radio, film and television comedian George Burns said, “I was brought up to respect my eld...
Why is it a good idea to enroll in a LIFE program sooner rather than later?
Dr. Arun S. Rao, MDDr. Arun S. Rao, MD
It's a good idea to enroll in a LIFE (Living Independently for Elders) program sooner rather than la...
What is a geriatric medicine specialist (Geriatrician)?
A geriatrician is a medical doctor who is specially trained to treat older adults. They are trained ...
What Is the Average Cost of a Meal from Meals on Wheels?