Why should I consider a LIFE program for my loved one?

Dr. Arun S. Rao, MD
Geriatric Medicine Specialist

You should consider a LIFE (Living Independently for Elders) program for your loved one if you want your loved one to stay in the community and maintain that tie. LIFE is an all-inclusive, comprehensive, multi-disciplinary approach to taking care of frail older adults in the community. The prime aim of LIFE is to work with families and caregivers and friends to keep older people in the community and keep them out of a nursing home. LIFE programs understand the advantages of staying in the community and maintaining that tie.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

Opioid Addiction Is Rising in Seniors—Who’s at Fault?
OxyContin has made over $31 billion in sales, and pharma companies have been accused of endangering the health of the elderly—all for a profit. That’...
When may a geriatric palliative medicine consultation be helpful?
Palliative and Therapeutic Harmonization Consortium for frail elderly - PATHPalliative and Therapeutic Harmonization Consortium for frail elderly - PATH
Many health professionals do not receive training to recognize the significance of frailty. Frailty ...
How important is good communication between doctors and my elderly parent?
Honest and sensitive communication between doctors, patients and families is the key to better healt...
How Important Is the Internet as a Tool in Caregiving?