Why should I consider a LIFE program for my loved one?

Dr. Arun S. Rao, MD
Geriatric Medicine Specialist

You should consider a LIFE (Living Independently for Elders) program for your loved one if you want your loved one to stay in the community and maintain that tie. LIFE is an all-inclusive, comprehensive, multi-disciplinary approach to taking care of frail older adults in the community. The prime aim of LIFE is to work with families and caregivers and friends to keep older people in the community and keep them out of a nursing home. LIFE programs understand the advantages of staying in the community and maintaining that tie.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

The Rise of STDs in Seniors
The Rise of STDs in Seniors
In 1970, when Stephen Stills recorded “Love the One You’re With,” it became a rallying cry for the hippy “free love” movement (more myth than fact, bu...
Where can I find information on caring for the elderly?
Sharine ForbesSharine Forbes
Here is a website that has a lot of very good information: http://www.aging-parents-and-elder-care.c...
Why are falls dangerous for older adults?
Dr. Oluwatoyin Thomas, MDDr. Oluwatoyin Thomas, MD
When you fall as an older adult, the risk of breaking a hip is quite high due to thinning of the bon...
What are the Challenges Competing with Fast Food?