Why do old people tend to get chilly so easily?

Factors that contribute to the tendency to feel chilly in old age include thinning of the skin and loss of the fat layer that lies just under the skin.  Watch the animation to see all the effects of aging on the skin.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

Senior ERs Are Saving Lives and Changing Healthcare
Modern emergency rooms (ERs) are often models of speed and efficiency. When your life or limb is on the line, you want a team of healthcare providers ...
What are the top health challenges for seniors?
The top health challenges for seniors are falls, medication problems, dementia and depression. Falls...
How can I convince my elderly parent to stop driving?
Dr. Aruna V. Josyula, MDDr. Aruna V. Josyula, MD
Focusing on the health and safety aspects related to driving could help avoid making this conversati...
How Big Is the Problem of Senior Hunger in America?