How do LIFE programs address the issue of elderly people falling?

Dr. Arun S. Rao, MD
Geriatric Medicine Specialist

LIFE (Living Independently for Elders) programs address the issue of elderly people falling by being aware of the risk of falling (close to 35 to 40 percent of all adults living in the community over the age of 65 fall at some point) and staying in tune and in touch with participants and families. This enables the LIFE program to plan interventions to prevent the fall or try to prevent, at least, a bad thing happening from the fall.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

Beyond the Binge: Dangers of Senior Drinking
Babe Ruth was known as the “Sultan of Swat” for his outstanding play on the baseball field. In 1924, he led the league with a 0.378 batting average an...
What are some medications that can cause side effects in older adults?
Numerous medications should be avoided by elderly people, as they can have adverse effects that do n...
What is geriatric oncology?
Ajay K. Sahajpal, MDAjay K. Sahajpal, MD
Geriatric oncology is essentially the field of medical oncology that is dedicated or specific to the...
How Can I Protect My Lungs as I Get Older?