How can I convince my loved one to consider enrolling in a LIFE program?

Dr. Arun S. Rao, MD
Geriatric Medicine Specialist

You may be able to convince your loved one to consider enrolling in a LIFE (Living Independently for Elders) program by showing him or her the services that are offered and the expertise that the LIFE program has in caring for older adults and managing these complex cases. Your loved one may start realizing that there is some benefit. Also, there is a lot of help for caregivers. Helping them out with the stresses of day-to-day caregiving is a big convincing factor. The participant might see the benefits of this and come around to saying this might be something worth trying. Ultimately, it comes down to an individual choice.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

Senior ERs Are Saving Lives and Changing Healthcare
Modern emergency rooms (ERs) are often models of speed and efficiency. When your life or limb is on the line, you want a team of healthcare providers ...
Should I be worried about my elderly mother losing weight?
Maureen Q. Russell, MPH, RNMaureen Q. Russell, MPH, RN
The honest answer, as so often happens when working with elders, is: "That depends." Unintentional w...
Why are falls dangerous for older adults?
Oluwatoyin Thomas, MDOluwatoyin Thomas, MD
When you fall as an older adult, the risk of breaking a hip is quite high due to thinning of the bon...
How Big Is the Problem of Senior Hunger in America?