How can I convince my loved one to consider enrolling in a LIFE program?

Dr. Arun S. Rao, MD
Geriatric Medicine Specialist

You may be able to convince your loved one to consider enrolling in a LIFE (Living Independently for Elders) program by showing him or her the services that are offered and the expertise that the LIFE program has in caring for older adults and managing these complex cases. Your loved one may start realizing that there is some benefit. Also, there is a lot of help for caregivers. Helping them out with the stresses of day-to-day caregiving is a big convincing factor. The participant might see the benefits of this and come around to saying this might be something worth trying. Ultimately, it comes down to an individual choice.

Continue Learning about Senior Health

4 Tips for Preventing Falls
4 Tips for Preventing Falls
Falling in love, falling asleep, falling into place—sometimes the idea of falling is, as Martha Stewart often says, “a very good thing.” But for over ...
How can I prevent overheating if I am elderly?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
If you are elderly, staying in an air-conditioned environment is the top preventive measure for over...
Why is there a specialized branch of medicine for older adults?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
There is a specialized branch of medicine, known as geriatrics, for older adults because older adult...
Why Is Meals on Wheels Not a Hand Out?
Why Is Meals on Wheels Not a Hand Out?