How do I know if my refrigerator is cold enough?

The best way to make sure your refrigerator is cool enough (below 40 degrees Fahrenheit) to keep foods safe is to use a refrigerator thermometer. That's because the temperature inside a refrigerator can fluctuate based on how much food is inside, how often the door is opened and how warm it is in your kitchen. A thermometer is the only reliable way to check the temperature. Place a refrigerator thermometer in the center of the middle shelf (not on the door). And remember to check it often to make sure the temperature is right.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: 8 Tips to Bike Ride Safely
Biking is a great way to get around town and avoid traffic while getting a good workout. Thanks to biki, a bike sharing service, it’s easy for anyone ...
How can my child safely interact with animals?
Children younger than 5 years old should be supervised while interacting with animals. Teach childre...
Why is there resistance to wearing a safety helmet?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
Not wearing a safety helmet has become such a norm for many in the equine world.  Although, if quest...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?