How do I know if my refrigerator is cold enough?

The best way to make sure your refrigerator is cool enough (below 40 degrees Fahrenheit) to keep foods safe is to use a refrigerator thermometer. That's because the temperature inside a refrigerator can fluctuate based on how much food is inside, how often the door is opened and how warm it is in your kitchen. A thermometer is the only reliable way to check the temperature. Place a refrigerator thermometer in the center of the middle shelf (not on the door). And remember to check it often to make sure the temperature is right.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Consumer Alert: Hoverboards Send Dozens to the ER
While hoverboards were one of 2015’s most sought-after gifts, consumer safety experts are warning parents that the two-wheeled, motorized skateboards ...
How can I safely bring an animal into a school or daycare?
It is important to remember that animals can have germs on their bodies and in their habitats, even ...
How does milk get contaminated?
Milk contamination can occur in many different ways. Some ways include: Cow feces coming into dir...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?