How can I avoid bicycle accidents?

To avoid bicycle accidents, remember these simple rules of the road to follow:
  • Ride on the right side of the road -- with the traffic flow, not against it.
  • Obey traffic signs and signals just as if you were driving a car.
  • Use correct hand signals.
  • Stop at all stop signs and red lights.
  • Stop and look both ways before entering a street.
  • Wear reflective (not just light-colored) clothing at dawn, dusk and night. You want cars to be able to easily spot you. And make sure that the bike has a front headlight and a rear red reflector or flashing red light.
This content orignally appeared on doctoroz.com.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

What’s in Your Tap Water?
What’s in Your Tap Water?
When LeBron starts his gameday around 9 am, he grabs a gallon jug filled with water and aims to finish it before he gets on the bus to head to the are...
How can my child safely interact with animals?
Children younger than 5 years old should be supervised while interacting with animals. Teach childre...
How can I travel safely during winter?
Be cautious about travel during winter. Here are a few tips: Listen for radio or television repor...
How can schools encourage students to report threats of violence?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
75 percent of teens contemplating suicide, homicide or a school shooting tell their plans to a p...