How should I do the superman exercise?

Lie flat on your stomach with your arms extended over the head. Engage your core and actively pull your arms and legs off the floor and hold them off the floor for approximately 5-10 seconds. Repeat for 5-10 repetitions

Dr. Vonda Wright, MD
Orthopedic Surgery
Here's how to do the superman exercise:
1. While laying flat on the floor, brace your trunk.

2. Extend your arms above your head.

3. Raise your arms and legs off the floor simultaneously.

4. Repeat ten times.
Fitness After 40: How to Stay Strong at Any Age

It's one of the undeniable facts of life. After we reach a certain age, our bodies change. No matter how fit we may have been at 20, we're very different people after 40. But growing older doesn't...

Continue Learning about Running

Run . . . for Your Life!
Run . . . for Your Life!
Starting a regular running habit could mean a longer -- and more comfortable -- life. After a 20-year study involving close to 1,000 middle-aged adul...
Can cycling or running wear out my joints?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Your question is a good one. Excessive stress can damage a joint (or nearby structures) and joint da...
How can I increase my distance in running?
Andrea Ingram , NASM Elite TrainerAndrea Ingram , NASM Elite Trainer
A good rule of thumb for increasing your running distance is to only do so by 10% of your total mile...
What Is the Most Common Injury in Runners?