Rev Up to Race
Signing up for a race is a great way to motivate yourself to get more serious about running. New runners typically start with a 5K, though you may feel you’re ready to shoot for a half marathon or full marathon. Here’s how to get started safely and build up to your target mileage safely.Read more
Think You Have an Ankle Problem?AskMD
So You Want to
Try Dr. Darria's Beginners Running Challenge
The number of calories a 150-pound
runner burns per hour
National Academy of Sports Medicine
Dr. Osnat Shmueli
Baptist Health South Florida
How can I stay hydrated when running long distance?
Here are five general hydration and nutrition tips for long-distance runners, keeping in mind that all runners have individual needs, depending on their conditioning and overall . . .
- Q What should I drink during a marathon?
- Q How can I stay warm when running in extremely cold weather?
- Q How can I stay hydrated when running long distance?
- Q What is a taper in race training?
- Q Is running in place as effective as running on a treadmill?
- Q Why should I try to run without a watch?
- Q What are the warning signs of a potential running injury?
- Q What can a distance runner do outside the weight room to increase fitness?
- Q How can knowing my sweat rate help me stay hydrated during a marathon?
- Q How much should I drink during a marathon?
Recent Running Articles
Running is simple--just one foot in front of the other--but these strategies can help you get the most from your miles on the road.
Go Fast, See Better Run . . . for Your Life! The More We Move, the More We Improve In a Chair? Take a Break See All Articles