Rev Up to Race
Signing up for a race is a great way to motivate yourself to get more serious about running. New runners typically start with a 5K, though you may feel you’re ready to shoot for a half marathon or full marathon. Here’s how to get started safely and build up to your target mileage safely.Read more
Train for a 10KStart Now:
AskMDGot foot or ankle pain? Find out more about your symptoms
The number of calories a 150-pound
runner burns per hour
National Academy of Sports Medicine
Dr. Osnat Shmueli
Baptist Health South Florida
How can I stay hydrated when running long distance?
Here are five general hydration and nutrition tips for long-distance runners, keeping in mind that all runners have individual needs, depending on their conditioning and overall . . .
- Q Why might my leg hurt when I run downhill?
- Q How can I prepare to run in cold weather?
- Q How can the right shoes prevent running injuries?
- Q How do I perform 10-10-10 build ups ?
- Q How can I tell if I'm running at the right pace?
- Q What are the warning signs of a potential running injury?
- Q What kinds of fun runs can I do if I enjoy a challenge?
- Q How can listening to my body help avoid injuries when running?
- Q What can a distance runner do outside the weight room to increase fitness?
- Q How do I run in the pool if I am injured?