What causes weight loss with RA?

Vandana  R. Sheth
Due to an increased cytokine production--people with RA have a higher resting metabolic rate and increased protein breakdown.  This means that their protein and calorie needs are further increased and if these are not met adequately, weight loss results.

Continue Learning about Rheumatoid Arthritis

Drug-Free Relief for Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
When rheumatoid arthritis (RA) pain strikes, it’s tempting to head straight to the medicine cabinet for relief. And who could blame you? The joint pai...
What questions should I ask my doctor if I have rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
Review the following questions to ask about rheumatoid arthritis (RA) so you're prepared to discuss ...
5 Natural Ways to Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
5 Natural Ways to Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain5 Natural Ways to Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain5 Natural Ways to Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain5 Natural Ways to Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
Use these strategies to soothe stiff, achy joints and help prevent RA flare-ups.
What Is a Synovectomy for Rheumatoid Arthritis?