Are methatrexate shot or pills better to cure rheumatoid arthritis?

Methotrexate injection is not as convenient to take when compared to an oral pill. The injection requires filling a syringe and self injecting the medication at the correct angle and in the correct location. There was a recent clinical study to evaluate the effectiveness and risk of oral methotrexate versus the injection form. The results showed that the patients in the study reported increased effectiveness with the injection versus the same comparable oral dose. There was not an increase in the side effects between the two forms. You should discuss the options with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Treatment

Are There Long Term Side Effects from RA Medications?
Can Exercise Help Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)?
How Soon Should I Start Treatment for RA?
If I Have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Will I Need Joints Replaced?