What happens when I don’t get enough oxygen?

Pam Grout
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
When you don't get enough oxygen, you literally strangle your cells. It's like putting a noose around their necks, making it very difficult for them to do their job. As hard as they might try, they can't process food properly. They get bogged down, filled with sludge, and you, consequently, run out of energy.

You literally work at one fifth of your potential when you don't get enough oxygen. Your body slows down, gains weight, and becomes even more stubborn about changing.
Jumpstart Your Metabolism: How To Lose Weight By Changing The Way You Breathe

If you've tried every conceivable combination of diet and exercise and still can't shed those extra pounds, then perhaps you haven't discovered the hidden key to weight loss -- proper breathing. By...

Continue Learning about Healthy Respiratory System

Eat Plants to Keep Your Lungs Happy
Eat Plants to Keep Your Lungs Happy
Cutting your risk of lung cancer in half sounds pretty good. And all you may have to do to get there is eat more plants. Yep. Plant-based edibles -- ...
Why is proper lung function so essential to us?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The air we breathe is composed of different gases, including oxygen. Our lungs take in this oxygen a...
How can I tell if my lungs are healthy?
To see if your lungs are healthy, try this test: Run up two flights of stairs or walk six blocks...
Breathe Better With 6 Tips for Eating With COPD
Breathe Better With 6 Tips for Eating With COPDBreathe Better With 6 Tips for Eating With COPDBreathe Better With 6 Tips for Eating With COPDBreathe Better With 6 Tips for Eating With COPD
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease makes breathing difficult; your diet shouldn't make it any harder.