What are some easy stretches for relaxation?

Any and all stretches will help assist relaxation. Elongating your muscles will be very beneficial and will leave you feeling relaxed and ready for any obstacle.

My first suggestion, stretch before and after exercise, your body will thank you! When speaking about stretching, you must decide the form of stretching you will complete.  Will it be static, hold a position for a prolonged period of time, this will be ideal for relaxation; active, involving movement with you stretch; or dynamic, movements to prepare your body for the type of exercise you will be completing.  The proper way to complete any of the above will be to know proper form.  If you are stretching your quadriceps and completing this statically then a way to do so is to grab your shoelaces and line up your knees so one quadriceps is stretched while the other leg assists with balance.  Many individual may do this but may try and pull more than they should on the leg they are stretching which is not necessary.   Again, be sure to stretch correctly and to know the form of stretching you are attempting to complete.

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
To do stretching exercises, sit on a stiff chair with your hands in your lap and both feet on the floor. Close your eyes and breathe slowly. Slowly tip your right ear to your right shoulder. Hold for five seconds. Now tip your left ear to your left shoulder. Hold for five seconds. Now bend your chin to chest. Hold for five seconds. Now tip your face up toward the ceiling. Hold for five seconds. Repeat five times. Return to the starting position.

Raise both arms over your head, reaching with your finger tips toward the ceiling. Don't arch your back. Hold for five seconds. Then reach both arms out to the side, as though you're trying to pull each arm away from your body. Hold for five seconds. Then reach both arms in front of your chest, with your fingers trying to reach as far away from your chest as possible. Hold for five seconds. Repeat five times. Return to the starting position.

Straighten both knees, lifting your feet off of the floor. Pull your toes back toward your knees. Feel a stretch behind your knee in your calves. Hold for five seconds. Now point your toes away from your knees. Feel the stretch in the top of your feet. Hold for five seconds. Repeat moving your toes toward and away from you, holding each position for five seconds, for a total of five repetitions. Then place your feet back on the floor. Rest for three seconds. Then repeat three times.
Fit As Fido: Follow Your Dog to Better Health

Let your dog teach you to live a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life! Companionship with your pet can be used as a means and a motivator to increase your own physical and mental fitness....

Continue Learning about Relaxation Therapy

How do I cause the relaxation response during exercise?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
The relaxation response can be elicited during repetitive exercise, such as walking, jogging or swim...
What are the benefits of relaxation techniques?
Practicing relaxation techniques that reliably and predictably elicit your body's relaxation respons...
Use Technology to Get Organized
Use Technology to Get Organized
How Should I Do Progressive Muscle Relaxation?