Can I drive to my radiation treatments for cancer?

Radiation therapy is usually given on an outpatient basis. Most patients will feel well enough to drive themselves. If you are not feeling well, arrange for a family member, friend, or neighbor to drive you.

Continue Learning about Radiation Therapy For Cancer

What is a dosimetrist?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
A dosimetrist has extensive training in physics in addition to training in radiation therapy. Un...
What is a radiation oncology nurse?
A radiation oncology nurse works in collaboration with the radiation oncologist and the radiation te...
How does the Gamma Knife work?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
The Gamma Knife uses a highly accurate beam of radiation to destroy cancer but does not involve ...
What are the different types of radiation therapy?
External beam radiation therapy is the type most commonly used in oncology. For this type of radiati...