What do I need to know to care for someone with prostate cancer?

A diagnosis of prostate cancer is life altering, and you should, first and foremost, be sensitive to that fact. Do what you can to provide a support network, and be there to talk about the person's feelings. Offer what you can in the form of material support, such as running errands, cooking meals, cleaning house or providing transportation. Encourage the person to get in touch with support networks of cancer survivors and their families.

Continue Learning about Prostate Cancer

Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts on Screenings & Diet News
There's a lot of confusion about prostate cancer, especially when it comes to prevention and screening. To help clear things up, here are some answers...
How is prostate cancer graded?
Dr. Mark S. Litwin, MDDr. Mark S. Litwin, MD
A pathologist will grade cancer taken during a core biopsy on a numerical 10-point scale called the ...
Does frequent sex reduce my risk for prostate cancer?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Despite many studies on the subject, there is currently no definitive proof that frequency of sexual...
How Can I Make Sense of Prostate Cancer News?