Can secondary bacterial infections be prevented?

There are a handful of ways you can prevent yourself from getting bacterial infections, most of which apply to secondary bacterial infections as well. The first is simply washing your hands. Since most infections come from contact, keeping your hands germ-free will help keep them from entering your body. Vaccinations are also crucial in preventing bacterial infections, especially in children. If you do find you have a virus, stay home and rest. Contact with other people is an easy way to pick up bacteria, so avoiding them will certainly help. Finally, do not travel when you are ill - with so many people confined in a small space on a plane, it is easy to pick up a secondary infection.

Continue Learning about Prevention Of Bacterial Infection

Can typhus be prevented?
To prevent typhus, you should avoid exposing yourself to the illness by avoiding fleas, ticks, mites...
What are the most-germ-covered places in the home?
Lisa Marie RosatiLisa Marie Rosati
Drum roll, please… The germiest item in your household is… ironically…the item used to keep things c...
What formula should I choose to protect my baby from Cronobacter infection?
If your baby gets formula, choose infant formula sold in liquid form, especially when your baby is a...
How Can I Avoid Getting Sick From Bacteria While Swimming?