How do I protect my baby from infections when traveling?

To protect your baby from infections when traveling, make sure your baby is up to date on vaccinations. Any caregivers and family members who care for your baby should be up to date on their vaccinations as well. Second, it is important to wash your hands prior to picking up or touching your baby.
When you're traveling, you can take precautions to help protect your babe against easy-to-transmit germs found in confined spaces. For instance, if you're flying, drape a loose blanket over your baby's mouth and nose, so that spew from a selfish sneezer doesn't wind up on her face. And turn off the air nozzle above her head, so that everyone else's breath doesn't get blown back onto her. Also, it's not a bad idea to carry a travel-sized container of disinfectant or baby wipes that you can use to wipe down remote controls and other things that your child may play with in hotel rooms.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about Prevention Of Bacterial Infection

How can I avoid bringing germs into the house through bags?
Germs are everywhere. Unless you're living in a Level-4 biocontainment facility, there are germs on ...
How can I avoid getting sick from bacteria while swimming?
Leigh Vinocur, MDLeigh Vinocur, MD
To keep from getting sick from bacteria while swimming -- first, don't drink the water! says emergen...
Can antibiotics prevent bacterial infections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Using antibiotics to prevent a bacterial infection only contributes to antibiotic resistance. Th...
How Can I Avoid Getting Sick From Bacteria While Swimming?