How do children spread germs?

About 22 million school days are lost due to the common cold. Learn more on this topic in this video of Dr. Oz and Dr. Michael Roizen.

You can blame 80 percent of all infectious diseases on “contact spread.” That includes direct person-to-person contact, such as touching or kissing, and indirect contact, such as when your child touches a contaminated table, toy, or doorknob and then touches his eyes, mouth, or nose. Since viruses and bacteria can live two hours or longer on cafeteria tables, keyboards, doorknobs, desks, and thousands of other surfaces . . . well, it’s a jungle out there.

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Prevention Of Bacterial Infection

What is the best way to prevent bacterial infections?
Proper hand washing is one of the best ways to prevent bacterial infections. Although hand washi...
What diseases occur as epidemics?
The term epidemic is generally used to refer to a marked increase in the incidence of cases and/or r...
How do I protect my baby from infections when traveling?
To protect your baby from infections when traveling, make sure your baby is up to date on vaccinatio...
How Can I Avoid Getting Sick From Bacteria While Swimming?