Do band wind instruments become contaminated with germs?

Yes, our research has shown that band wind instruments do become contaminated with germs that can cause both oral and systemic diseases, including infections and allergies. Even if the instrument has not been played for months, these germs can still survive. In addition, the germs are not just on the mouth-pieces, but are throughout the entire instrument, including the instrument case.

Continue Learning about Prevention Of Bacterial Infection

How can exposure to bacteria during flying be minimized?
Luckily, there are a few simple steps you can take to reduce your exposure to bacteria during flying...
Can bacterial infections be prevented?
One of the best ways to prevent bacterial infections is to maintain a healthy immune system. Several...
How can I avoid germs on devices I touch during the day?
Before you grab a handful of walnuts and the remote to turn on the TV, take a look at the keypad. Ho...
How Can I Avoid Getting Sick From Bacteria While Swimming?