How common are blood phobias?

Blood phobias are not actually that common in the population as a whole. About 5 percent of people suffer from some kind of blood phobia. This fear can be anywhere from mild to severe and will sometimes cause sufferers to faint or pass out at the sight of blood.

Continue Learning about Phobias

How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
As Erica Jong, author of the 1973 feminist novel Fear of Flying, wrote, way down deep almost everyone has a fear of letting go. But air travel is incr...
How do I know if the kind of phobia I have is serious?
Katherine LeeKatherine Lee
It’s serious if your fear is excessive and unreasonable. If you see yourself avoiding certain situat...
How common are phobias?
Individual phobias are not actually common. In fact, they are very rare. Social phobias and anxiety ...
How will my phobia affect my children?
Your own phobias may make it more likely that your children will suffer from phobias of their own. A...