How common are blood phobias?

Blood phobias are not actually that common in the population as a whole. About 5 percent of people suffer from some kind of blood phobia. This fear can be anywhere from mild to severe and will sometimes cause sufferers to faint or pass out at the sight of blood.

Continue Learning about Phobias

How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
As Erica Jong, author of the 1973 feminist novel Fear of Flying, wrote, way down deep almost everyone has a fear of letting go. But air travel is incr...
What do I need to know about caring for someone who has a phobia?
If you are caring for someone you feel may have a phobia, it will be important to help them get an o...
How do I overcome fear of flying?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
There are many ways to overcome fear of flying, but suffering in silence should not be one of th...
Do phobias affect children differently than adults?
Phobias can affect both adults and children, and children of anxious parents are more likely to deve...