What human medications are harmful to my pets?

There are many medications that can be harmful to our pets. They cannot handle things in the same ways that we can. Ibuprofen is a big culprit, along with Aleve. Certain antidepressants, drugs used for diabetes, and drugs that treat ADHD can have negative side effects in our pets. Along with that we have to keep in mind that certain foods can also be very harmful to our pets including grapes, raisins, onions, garlic, macadamia nuts, and of course chocolate. If we are careful and make sure everything is put safely away, and give our pets only food and medicine designed for them, we can keep them safe, happy, and healthy. If you have more questions be sure you contact you veterinarian. 

Dr. Robin Miller, MD
Rogaine can cause heart failure in cats - want to know about other human drugs are harmful to your pets?

Watch the video to learn more from Dr. Robin Miller about which human medications can be harmful to your pets.

Continue Learning about Health Benefits of Pet Ownership

My Exercise Secret Weapon
My Exercise Secret Weapon
I love to walk. But now that the weather is getting cold and wet, I just want to stay inside under a blanket. Fortunately, I have someone who will not...
What can my dog teach me about living healthily?
Mercy Medical Center Mercy Medical Center
Dogs have a lot to teach us about living a long, healthy and happy life. Take water breaks. Have...
11 Winter Pet Health Hazards to Avoid
11 Winter Pet Health Hazards to Avoid11 Winter Pet Health Hazards to Avoid11 Winter Pet Health Hazards to Avoid11 Winter Pet Health Hazards to Avoid
Antifreeze, candles and other common cold-weather must-haves may be putting your furry friends at risk.
How Obesity Affects Your Pets
How Obesity Affects Your Pets