Pets Heal the Mind
Spending time with a pet is a proven way to relieve stress and lift your spirits. Studies have found that pet owners feel less lonely, are more socially active, have better self-esteem and handle negative feelings better than people who don’t have pets.Read more
THIS Causes Pet Allergies
Pet QuizSee how much you know about picking the pefect family pet
Up to 97%
That’s how accurately trained dogs
can detect early cancers
Michael Roizen, MD
Pets & Your Health Q&As
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
What are the health benefits of having a pet?
There are many health benefits of owning a pet. The companionship of pets can help manage loneliness and depression. Pets can increase your opportunities to exercise, participate in. . .
- Q How can having a pet help someone who has a mental illness?
- Q What are the health benefits for seniors of owning a dog?
- Q What can pets teach us about life?
- Q How can my pet give me a disease?
- Q What can my dog teach me about living healthily?
- Q Do animals experience happiness?
- Q What are the emotional benefits of owning a pet?
- Q What is the danger of hot weather and pets?
- Q What should I do if my pet wants to sleep in my bed?
- Q Do animals get angry?