What happens if I don't like the way my gum looks after having a graft?

If you don't like the way your gum looks after a gum graft, you can have the gum reshaped through a process called gingivoplasty. The surgeon will add tissue to your gum line to help make your gums look more natural.

Continue Learning about Periodontitis

What Is Gum Disease?
What Is Gum Disease?
“A chronic infection leads to chronic inflammation and an immune system that’s in overdrive all the time,” says Nancy Newhouse, DDS, MS, a board-certi...
Is there a cure for gum disease?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
The only type of periodontal disease that can be cured is gingivitis, which can be reversed with tre...
Does gum disease lead to bone loss?
If you notice swelling and redness in the tissues around your teeth, you may have periodontitis, a f...
Walk Your Way to a Nicer Smile
Walk Your Way to a Nicer Smile