What are the symptoms of penile cancer?

Symptoms of penile cancer can be easily seen and felt on the penis, but it can be difficult to distinguish from signs and symptoms of benign (non-harmful) conditions. Most symptoms are located on the glans (head) of the penis. One early symptom is a hardening, thickening, or discoloration of the skin on the glans. An ulcer (sore), soft rash, bumps, or flat growths may also be present. These symptoms are often not painful. In uncircumcised penises, these symptoms may develop under the foreskin. Discharge with an unpleasant smell may come from the meatus (the hole at the end of the penis). Finally, the groin's lymph nodes (clusters of cells that help to fight infections) may be swollen.

Continue Learning about Penile Cancer

How long does penile cancer last?
Penile cancer lasts until treatment removes it from your body. Small or early stage cancers may be r...
Is penile cancer serious?
Penile cancer is a serious disease requiring professional treatment. If you report unusual skin cond...
Should I be worried about penile cancer?
Worrying about a disease that you have not yet caught is never a good idea. Understanding risk facto...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with penile cancer?
The most important role in caring for someone with penile cancer is to support them in their daily l...